Why choose Kyoto Cycling Tour Project?
Kyoto cycling tour pioneers
In 2001 KCTP launched Kyoto’s first guided cycling tours. Since then we have loved showing visitors our beautiful city, introducing favorite spots, and sharing the pleasure of sightseeing on two wheels.
We run our cycling tours at a comfortable, leisurely pace, so they can be enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness levels.
All our tours are also private. This means couples, families, friends, and individuals can relax and enjoy the tour without worrying about others. We also keep groups small, with up to six people per guide. (If your group is larger – no problem – we’ll divide it into smaller groups.)
We recommend cycling in Kyoto
Kyoto is full of hidden alleys and interesting sights you won’t always find in a guidebook. Some areas can be inconvenient to navigate by car or public transport. With a local guide and a bicycle, you can discover the ‘real’ Kyoto without the hassle.
Expert guides who speak your language
Our guides are Kyoto experts who have all completed specialized training for leading cycling tours.
For international guests, we also have guides who speak English, French, and Spanish. Please contact us to arrange.
We have bicycles to cater to different body sizes and individual needs. We also provide helmets, rain gear, and cycling maps free of charge.
Our customers can also take advantage of free baggage storage during tours that depart from and end at Kyoto Station Cycle Terminal and South of Gosho Cycle Terminal.
* Valuables, fragile items, and food cannot be stored.
* Please note that baggage cannot be stored on tours with different departure and end locations.
- Tailor-made tour
- We can also put together customized tours based on your interests and requirements. Please feel free to chat to us about possible routes and tour stops.
- Pick-up service
- For customers concerned about going to the tour meeting point by themselves, the guide can pick you up at your accommodation by taxi. The fee for this service is 5,000 yen per person + the cost of the taxi. The same fee will be charged for drop-off after the tour.
- Guests on KCTP tours are covered by our insurance, just in case. This includes liability insurance (personal and property, 100 million yen) and accident insurance (4 million yen).
- Emergency support
- In the event of bicycle problems during the tour, we will deliver a replacement bike to you by car.
We’ve got you covered!
Cycling tour bookings and contact
To arrange a cycling tour, please use the booking form up to two days before your requested tour date. For bookings later than that, and for any other inquiries, please get in touch by phone, e-mail, or by visiting our Kyoto Station Cycle Terminal.
TEL/ Business hours 9:00 to 18:00